Oh here come all of my waterworks. My absolutely ride is going on a solo tour for her latest release Petals for Armor!!
The first time I saw Paramore perform was in Hell at The Masquerade back in 2006 and never looked back. Miracle makes me sob. The Fake Happy hat I bought at the After Laughter tour has carried me through the last two years. Careful, Brighter. And every record, there’s the acoustic track a little past half way that rips you a fresh, new, more fortified heart.
It’s a lucky thing to have this lyricist as a part of our generation.
See Hayley play the Fillmore on June 18th in Philly: https://livemu.sc/2wCout8
p.s. here’s a video interview I co-filmed & edited for my local (and favorite and best ever!!) alternative radio station 99x Atlanta during my undergrad internship 😂🙏🏾 They speak sweetly on the importance of independent music shops, their influences within the scene, and the story behind That’s What You Get.
The Sounds are on tour, holy smokes. Living In America (2003) is an iconic record, one of my faves for sure – but I definitely have missed out since Dying to Say This To You (2006). So, can’t wait to hear what they have in store next. Catch the band live at Rough Trade in BK on 4/28.
Here’s a roundup and playlist of all the local shows we’re excited about for Jan/Feb!
Motion City Soundtrack 1/12 @ Fillmore https://bit.ly/2FhGGtM
Damien Jurado 1/15 @ World Cafe Live http://tiny.cc/1sc3hz
Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven 1/19 @ World Cafe Live https://bit.ly/300SMjL
The Almost 1/22 @ TLA https://livemu.sc/2Dbel6Y
Courtney Barnett 1/23 @ The Queen http://tiny.cc/iif2hz
Angels & Airwaves 1/25 @ Xfinity Live https://bit.ly/2QuMu92
Nada Surf 1/30 @ World Cafe Live https://bit.ly/2ZXp27w
Thanks for Coming 2/1 @ Trans-Pecos (Queens) https://bit.ly/2QXDxEt
Cowboy Junkies 2/1 @ The Scottish Rite Auditorium (NJ) https://bit.ly/2s1qNUD
Rapsody 2/6 @ Elsewhere (BK) https://bit.ly/39PGXS0
Slow Crush 2/7 @ Saint Vitus Bar (BK) https://bit.ly/33Xhfrq
Thrice, Mewithoutyou, Drug Church 2/11 @ Franklin Music Hall http://tiny.cc/jznwcz
Anna of the North 2/18 @ The Foundry https://livemu.sc/2QwKJbj
Man or Astroman? 2/21 @ Market Hotel (BK) https://bit.ly/2QU2ErB
Wolf Parade 2/21 @ Union Transfer https://bit.ly/2N5Jeie
Refused 2/22 @ Brooklyn Steel (BK) https://bit.ly/2FvdFKM
The Black Lips 2/22 @ First Unitarian Church https://bit.ly/37g3M0e
Natalie Merchant 2/26 @ The Appel Room, Lincoln Center (NYC) https://bit.ly/2TcF0tl
Drive By Truckers 2/27 @ Union Transfer https://bit.ly/33jWW6y
Iron Chic 2/28 @ Saint Vitus http://tiny.cc/anf2hz
Here’s a round up and playlist of all of the shows we’re excited about this month!
– Manchester Orchestra 12/6 @ Fillmore (Philly) https://livemu.sc/2HglPIf
– The Fall Of Troy 12/6 @ Voltage Lounge (Philly) https://bit.ly/2OEW4FA–
– All Get out 12/12 @ Lizard Lounge (Philly) https://bit.ly/33FI82b
– The Nude Party 12/12 @ The Sultan Room at the Turk’s Inn (BK) http://tiny.cc/bw6wfz
– Leif Vollebekk 12/13 @ World Cafe Live (Philly) https://bit.ly/2Y9ly3h
– The Bouncing Souls 12/14 @ TLA (Philly) https://livemu.sc/35MEbua
– Turnover, Men I Trust 12/17 @ TLA (Philly) https://livemu.sc/2RcKkvJ
– Yasiin Bey, Talib Kweli 12/17 @ The Ave Live https://bit.ly/35Nc6Tw
– Young M.A 12/19 @ NOTO (Philly) https://bit.ly/37ZeXuz
– The Starting Line 12/21 @ Franklin Music Hall https://bit.ly/2OHPtu4
-The Jesus Lizard 12/31 @ Brooklyn Steel (BK) http://tiny.cc/5xx58y